Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fluorescent Lights

There is something about staring up at insect speckled fluorescent lights while my mom hovers over me washing my hair in her salon that calms me. Maybe it's the added lull of the rhythmic scrubbing, or the low buzz of slow jazz playing on the radio, perhaps a combination of everything.
Either way it's lovely.

The only problem with this perhaps perfect salon experience is that as I stare past my mom's amused eyes...I being to think about the robot bug invasion that almost tried to destroy the world. Well...the world in The Avengers : Earth's Mightiest Heroes. No, not the new movie out in theaters, but the series that aired plot Disney XD in 2010. Probably about two months ago I tried to watch the series that was getting so much fandom tumblr attention, but it was too kiddie for my taste at the moment. So I went back to a much darker and fun cartoon on Cartoon Network, Young Justice. DC always tends to be darker cartoon wise than Marvel.

However, a few days ago I started watching the first season and found myself, not only singing along to the opening theme, but also really enjoying the show.

My favorite Avenger is probably Black Panter. He's just so well hidden! Then it would have to be Hawkeye. He's such a cheeky  bastard, and I love it!

It's interesting how one small soothing experience can remind me of superheroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment