Saturday, August 04, 2012

Catching Up With the MTV Generation.

As my wasted summer comes full circle, I find myself looking for on-campus jobs, and watching all five season of Daria online.


The show itself is hilarious is a completely 90s kind of way, and is definitely an impressionable show. During the time this was airing on MTV (you know...when MTV was cool), I was between the ages of 5 and 8, and only watched cartoons that came on The WB, Fox Kids, and Disney's One. It solved my lack of cable problem at the time, and lets be honest...a kid at my age during that time didn't really care if I got my daily dose of Music Television. All I cared about was if I was up in time to watch Pokemon.

Nevertheless, I find myself now seemingly catching up with the rest of my generation once again by watching Daria. 


By now, I have watched threw season four, and now on season five episode eleven. I've built my attachment to certain characters, disliked certain flaws about others, and have somehow became accustom to Quinn's voice -- though Britney's voice I don't think I will every get used to.

Daria certainly deserves the fame it has.

Now fall semester starts a week from Friday. It's time to put up my laptop, pack my things, and ship out back to the sudo-mountains, but as always, watching shows about characters in high school always brings me back to my time spent there and stalls me from actually getting things done.

It hasn't been long since I left that...bright, stone-walled place that smelled like old food, but watching the show gets me thinking about the things I didn't do, could've done, should've done. 
Maybe I should have acted more...or less...like how I acted? 
Maybe I didn't make the right friends?
Maybe I spent too much time worrying about certain thing that I didn't need to worry about?
Well...I guess that's a part of moving on and growing up, you learn a lot from mistakes made and disasters avoided. 
I'm sure as hell I didn't act like Daria though (I do wish I had her wit though).

YOU'RE STANDING ON MY NECK! LA LA LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment